We are a grower-owned and operated organization with over 7,600 acres of pears and cherries grown in California and Oregon.
Responsible for 50% of California’s pear volume alone, we are the state’s undisputed pear leader. We are also a Top-5 shipper in the California cherry industry.
Rivermaid Trading Company adheres to our own industry-leading standards for product quality and customer service standards – standards designed to simplify the supply chain and provide the freshest, most flavorful eating experience every time.
Pears: All varieties with the predominate volume being Bartlett and Golden Bosc
Cherries: All varieties with the predominate volume being Bing
Orchard and Field Locations
- The Sacramento River Delta, California
- Lodi, California
- The Southern Central Valley, California
- The Rouge River Valley, Oregon
- The Hood River Valley, Oregon
PrimusGFS – Certification level: 93.3 Excellent
- 7,600 acres under Rivermaid Trading Company ownership and management
- 80,000 square feet of packing facilities under one roof
- 5 pear packing lines
- 3 cherry packing lines with automated clamshell and bagging equipment
- 7 forced air cooling tunnels to maintain flavor by rapidly reducing temperatures after conditioning or packing
- 150,000 square feet of racked cold storage with ethylene monitoring to ensure premium storage conditions
- Conditioning rooms and modular conditioning units to enable the conditioning of one load at a time for perfect conditioning management
- MA technology utilization to create optimal long-term storage conditions and a “Pack-to-order” not “Pack to move” fruit operation.