Rivermaid Trading Company is grower-owned and operated with 7,600 acres of pears and cherries and under our ownership and management. Responsible for 50% of all California Pears, Rivermaid is the state’s undisputed pear leader and a Top-five shipper in the California cherry industry.
Rivermaid’s Farming Operations are led by Chuck Baker, a fifth generation farmer who has spent more than 30-years perfecting the pear enabling us to reliably serve our retail partners and consistently satisfy pear consumers around the world.
Rivermaid is growing healthy food for a global community, so we have an intentional and thoughtful long-term approach to caring for the land, environment resources and community where we live and work.
Rivermaid has a farming history dating back to the California gold rush – a commitment to safe, sustainable and healthy farming. It’s a legacy worth preserving.
- Our oldest trees were planted in 1860
- Our pear families are multi-generational
- Our pear farmers are pioneers in environmentally friendly pest control
Rivermaid farmers are good stewards of the land
- Rivermaid Trading Company has a sustainability program that documents its farming practices and looks for opportunities to improve
- We practice Integrated Pest management in 100% of our orchards
- We use vegetation in orchard rows
- We recycle
- We chip (versus burn) our tree prunings
- We do not use bio-solids
- We do not use GMOs
Rivermaid pear farmers are good neighbors.
- Most of our pear orchards are less than 100 acres
- Our pear farmers reduce pesticide use through Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- We provide housing for our workers
Our Commitment to Health:
Rivermaid pear farmers produce healthy food, healthy farms and a healthy environment
- Our pears improve public health through good nutrition
- Our Pears have low pesticide residues
- We provide safety training for all workers
- We support Susan G. Komen For the Cure Foundation through an annual retail promotion